Laura Gorre

22 marzo, 2012

may my heart always be open to little

may my heart always be open to little
birds who are the secrets of living
whatever they sing is better than to know
and if men should not hear them men are old

may my mind stroll about hungry
and fearless and thirsty and supple
and even if it's sunday may i be wrong
for whenever men are right they are not young

and may myself do nothing usefully
and love yourself so more than truly
there's never been quite such a fool who could fail
pulling all the sky over him with one smile




e. e. cummings

from Complete Poems 1904-1962.






Edward Estlin Cummings (October 14, 1894 – September 3, 1962), popularly known as E. E. Cummings, with the abbreviated form of his name often written by others in all lowercase letters as e. e. cummings, was an American poet, painter, essayist, author, and playwright. His body of work encompasses approximately 2,900 poems, an autobiographical novel, four plays and several essays, as well as numerous drawings and paintings. He is remembered as a preeminent voice of 20th century poetry, as well as one of the most popular.




More information here

2 comentarios:

  1. Yo lo conocí por el gafaspasta tras el que se agazapaba la fuerza sexual de un jaguar en Hannah y sus hermanas y Somewhere I have never traveled sigue siendo uno de mis favoritos. ay...! esto no puede ser!! Hannah y sus hermanas me está mirando con cara de deseo desde la estantería!! "don't forget the page 112!"

    El de I carry your heart with me I carry it in my heart es bonito también (creo que también es de EE Cummings no?) pero Somewhere I have never traveled... uuff!! jaja Saludos!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Cuando vi la película me emocioné porque lo había "descubierto" hacía poco..! sí es cierto, ese es precioso también "nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands".
    Y otro que hace que me estremezca (literalmente) es el de "i like my body when it is with your body" ...
    No podría decidir cuál de todos me gusta más.
    Tiene cada imagen en sus poemas.

    ResponderEliminar